Thiago Silva 'never thought of leaving Milan'



The 27-year-old centre-back was on the verge of being sold to the Ligue 1 side, but Rossoneri owner Silvio Berlusconi pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute

Thiago Silva & Ibrahimovic - Milan 

 "To be honest, I never thought about leaving Milan," he told reporters at a press conference in Rio de Janeiro on Friday.

"In all the interviews I gave I said I wanted to stay and continue my career at Milan. But because I had done well, other clubs opened their eyes and it was only normal that an offer arrived. But I'm glad I stayed."

Thiago Silva also explained that a number of his team-mates had got in contact with him in order to persuade him to reject PSG's advances.

"I spoke to [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic, who is a great friend, as well as [Antonio] Cassano, Pato, Robinho and [Mario] Yepes, who all advised me not to leave.

"But I said that my thinking was to make history [at Milan], just as [Paolo] Maldini and [Franco] Baresi did. And to be compared with them is an honour."

Thiago Silva, who has been included in Brazil's Olympic squad, arrived at San Siro in December 2008 from Fluminense.

 



 

زيارات الموقع

Return to top of page Copyright © 2012 | Blogger | YallaMoviez Design BY A7medFathey